8 months ago Ralph and I decided to travel to India and Lebanon for 6 weeks so we got our plane tickets and emailed a friend close to Gurudev asking him for pointers and tips about our travels around india. Next thing you know we get an email from Gurudev's secretary saying that we can travel with him during his tour in Punjab!! What a glorious and happy day it was when I read that email!
12 of us are traveling with Sri Sri: 4 Canadians, 3 Americans, 2 Argentinians, 1 Australian, 1 Russian, and 1 person from UK. We all met at the Bangalore airport early morning only to find out that our flight got canceled so we got to hang out together for 5 hours. We had food together and got to know each other. What a great bunch of people! It was so relaxing to simply hang out, walk around carefree, knowing that everything was going to be taken care of.
We were welcomed by organized volunteers at Chandigrah airport. They even had a list of our names and where we were staying.
First impression of Punjab! Big clean organized structured. We were told that in the state of Punjab 90% of the population is Sikh. Steel manufacturing and Agriculture are big here, people run and own businesses mostly, and the workers in the industrial area all come from neighboring states such as UP (Uttar Pradesh). There are lots of cycle rickshaws and the states is relatively rich.
Now the food here is fantastic! To describe it In one word: Rich. Rich sauces, rich and oily curries, a large variety of breads and the desserts are fantastic. We had a super amazing dinner where Gurudev is staying and now it's the next morning and I can still feel it in my belly. Happy belly :)
So Gurudev arrived Right after we landed and headed straight to the advanced course then to where he was staying. The volunteers there, so organized and welcoming greeted us with so much love and Mr Ashwani hosted all of us in his lovely and fancy home.
Wow! This made me cry, Christian!
ReplyDeleteTears of Gratitude!!! :) I am so happy for you!
I feel I was there with you! Jai Jai Jai Gurudev!